There are several ways to reach first base, but the 5 ways to be awarded first base, without putting the ball into play:
2. Base on Balls
3. Intentional Walk
4. Dropped 3rd strike
5. Catcher interference (hitting catchers glove while swinging)
There are 6 ways a batter can reach first base.
Base on Balls - a batter is pitched 4 balls
Hit By Pitch
Hit a single
An error in the field
Fielders choice (the fielder got another runner out instead of the batter)
If the third strike gets past the catcher the batter can run to first if he can beat the catchers throw.
The Batter can get to base:
1) with a good hit from a swing
2) when the pitcher pitches 4 balls
3) when the batter is hit by a pitched ball
There are quite a few ways to score from 3rd base in softball: * You can steal * RBI * If the bases are loaded you can get walked in * If the bases are loaded the batter can get hit by pitch * If you are in 12u or about you can perform a delay steal
There are many ways including tagging a runner with the ball, striking a batter out, thowing the ball to a teammate on a base and then she must step on the base before the runner gets there, catcing a ball, and there are others. I would consult a recent rulebook to find other rules that could cause outs.
You can score from second base several ways. First, you can score on a single if it is hit far enough. You can also score on an error. You can steal third and make it home on a bunt or a hit. You can reach home from second base with a sacrifice hit, or an extra base hit by the batter.
steal Hit batter double balk walk walk then run to second
Ways you can get out.Hitting a ball in the air, and the opposing team catching it.Swinging causing 3 strikesBunting on the 2ND strike and the ball goes foul.If you are running to a base and they tag you or tag the base before you.
There are a number of ways to get from 3rd to home. You can steal, be force home by a bases loaded walk to the batter, the batter get a hit, the batter hit a fly ball to out field allowing you to tag up and the pitcher make an illegal pitch. I'm sure I've overlooked a couple of more.
1. Base on balls 2. Base hit 3. Fielder's choice (the batter hits the ball and the fielder throws to another base, not 1st base, to get an out.) 4. Hit by pitch 5. Error by a fielder 6. Dropped third strike and the batter beats the throw to first 7. Catcher's interference
1. 3 strikes are called ("strikeout") 2. the ball hit by the batter is caught before hitting the ground ("flyout") 3. first baseman catches the ball before the batter runs there 4. the batter doesn't stand in the batter's box 5. the batter runs to a base that has already been tagged ("tagged" or "tag play") 6. the runner is tagged with the ball before reaching a base 7. the runner goes more than 3 feet out of the base line to avoid being tagged 8. the runner doesn't touch the bases (the runner is allowed to run past first but must touch second and third) 9. a fielder holding the ball touches a base, that is the only remaining base to which the runner can go, before the runner gets there
three strikes and fielder or outfielder catches ball without dropping it.
no the softball is much bigger and different. you use your index, middle, ring, and pinky(for support) and your thumb to pitch. softball and baseball has the nsame pitches, but different ways to do it. trust me I'm a softball player :) and a pitcher:) and a hitting slugger:)
Yes, the ball is live, so there are several ways the batter-runner could be called out after a walk. One would be if he goes from the batter's box into the dugout; another would be if he goes to 1st base, then rounds it and is tagged. I'm sure there are more.
get walked, get hit, hit the ball, catcher drop third stirke, catcher interferes with swing, and fieldrs choice