Best Answer

The strip is called "the rubber". I am an umpire and this is what i know it as. I am not sure if it is the official name, but if you say the term in context to the strip on the mound, anyone who knows Baseball will know what you mean. It is unlikely that the term will be confused with anything else as everyone from announcers to umpire use it.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-10-26 00:02:53
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What is the plank on the pitcher's mound called?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked