It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
It was given the name Croke Park in 1913.
Chat with our AI personalities
Gaelic Games were being played by the GAA in what is now Croke Park since the GAA's foundation in 1884. It was known as the City and Suburban Racecourse and "Jones Road" sports ground. It was bought by a member of the GAA in 1908 and the GAA took ownership of it in 1913, and it was then renamed as Croke Park. Since then, Croke Park has been rebuilt and renovated many times.
Matches were being played in what is now Croke Park in the late 19th century. The GAA officially owned it from 1913 and it was then given the name Croke Park.