As of the 2008 season, 121 different MLB players had hit 40+ home runs in a season a total of 293 times:
In the 2008 MLB season (won't swear this is a complete list): 1) Jamie Moyer of the Phillies (born November 18, 1962)
2) Randy Johnson of the Diamondbacks (born September 10, 1963)
3) Omar Visquel of the Giants (born April 24, 1967)
4) Mike Timlin of the Red Sox (born March 10, 1966)
5) Tim Wakefield of the Red Sox (born August 2, 1966)
6) Trevor Hoffman of the Padres (born October 13, 1967)
7) Kenny Rogers of the Tigers (born November 10, 1964)
8) Moises Alou of the Mets (born July 3, 1966)
9) Jeff Kent of the Dodgers (born March 9, 1968)
10) Matt Stairs of the Phillies (born February 27, 1968)
11) John Smoltz of the Braves (born May 15, 1967)
12) Tom Glavine of the Braves (born March 25, 1966)
13) Greg Maddux of the Dodgers (born April 14, 1966)
14) Luis Gonzalez of the Marlins (born September 3, 1967)
15) Doug Brocail of the Astros (born May 16, 1967)
16) Todd Jones of the Tigers (born April 24, 1968)
Hank Aaron, age 39, with 40 in 1973.
Barry Bonds, age 39, hit 45 in 2004, but he was younger than Aaron was at the time they hit their fortieths.
Darrell Evans, age 38, hit 40 with Detroit and is the oldest to lead his league in home runs.
19 players were born in 1969 or earlier, and have played at least one game in 2009.
In order for players to be playable players in "MLB 08 The Show," they must have played at least 1 game in the previous Major League Baseball season and they cannot be 1 of the players that are known as "replacement players" meaning players who played during the 1995 season while there was a Baseball strike ongoing, this is because the replacement players are banned from entering into the Players' Association which means they cannot be in any games that are under license with Major League Baseball and the Players' Association.
Major league baseball players
there are not a set number
As of 2012, the MLB players make $3,340,133 a season.
major league baseball is the hightest baseball league with the best players
The minimum salary for the 2009 season is $400,000 according to major league players association.
According to numbers published by the Major League Baseball Players Association, the average player salary in 1969 was $24,909. The league minimum that season was $10,000.
Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association was created in 1982.
The players' strike that killed the World Series was during the 1994 season.
5 to 8 million dollars
Mostly to allow for travel time for players coming from all corners of the country, and also just to give baseball players a short break mid-season.