Want this question answered?

Be notified when an answer is posted

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Why is it called the forsbury flop in the high jump?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What is the name of the Olympic Gold star winner in the high jump who invented the flop?

Dick Fosbury, high jump gold medal winner at the 1968 Summer Games in Mexico City, is credited with having invented the form of high jumping called the flop and was originally known as the Fosbury Flop.

What often ends in a flop?

A jump from the high dive often ends in a flop (aka belly flop).

From which country did the high jump originate?

It is believed that the high jump was performed in the ancient Olympics, but the first recorded high jump event was in Scotland in the 19th century. Click on the 'History of the High Jump' link on this page to read more about the high jump and its history. Answer: The real history of the High Jump started in 1968. Its is called the Fosbury Flop, and it came from American, Dick Fosbury. Clicking on the "The Fosbury Flop" link below will tell you more.

High jump methods?

Best: Fosbury Flop

What sporting event has fosbury flop?

Dick Fosbury created the Fosbury flop. The sporting event is high jump.

What are the two jumping techniques for high j?

the frobsy flop and the sizzor kick.

What is Dick Fosbury famous for?

the fosbury flop in high jump, track and field

In which sporting event did dick frosbury create the 'fosbury flop'?

High Jump

What are three types of High Jumps?

Three type of high jump are straddle, scissors, and THE FOSBURY FLOP.

In which sporting event did dick fodbury create the fosbury flop?

Dick Fosbruy brought the "fosbury flop" to wide attention when he used it to win the gold medal in the high jump event at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico.

In which sporting event did dick fosbury creat the fosbury flop?

I believe that it is high jump in the track and field :D

Who started the backward jump over the high bar?

Richard Douglas Fosbury, a technique now known as the Fosbury Flop