Mark Spitz' 7 medals won at the 1972 Games in Munich tied a record for most medals won at an Olympic Games. Others that had won 7 medals at one Games were:
2) Gymnast Boris Shaklin of the Soviet Union at the 1960 Games in Rome.
3) Gymnast Mariya Gorokhovskaya of the Soviet Union at the 1952 Games in Helsinki.
4) Shooter Willis Lee of the United States at the 1920 Games in Antwerp.
5) Shooter Lloyd Spooner of the United States at the 1920 Games in Antwerp.
Mark Spitz' seven gold medals won at the 1972 Games in Munich set an Olympic record. The old record was 5 held by ...
1) Long distance runner Paavo Nurmi of Finland at the 1924 Games in Paris.
2) Shooter Willis Lee of the United States at the 1920 Games in Antwerp.
3) Gymnast Anton Heida of the United States at the 1904 Games in St. Louis.
Spitz won his 7th gold medal at the 1972 Games in Munich on September 4 in the men's 4x100 meter medley relay.
No, Nancy Spitz cannot be a brother of Mark Spitz because she is female.
Mark Spitz swam for the US.
Michael Phelps (6 gold, 2 bronze)
Mark Spitz was born on February 10, 1950.
Mark Spitz is about 6' 1".
Mark Spitz is Jewish.
Mark Spitz participated in the sport of swimming.
It is not known what former Olympic swimmer Mark Spitz eats for lunch daily. Mark Spitz is a 9 time Olympic champion.
· Mark Spitz (Olympic swim champion) · Mark Twain (author)