Currently Sidney Crosby (although he is out with a concussion right now) Evgeni Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin , Pavel Datsyuk, Daniel & Henrik Sedin, Jonathan Toews, Steven Stamkos Zdeno Chara Nik Lidstrom, and Shea Webber to name a few. The best player currently is personal preference as each player excels at different aspects of the game.
Best of all time, Wayne Gretzky
This is, of course an opinion question. However, going by last season's ending stats and what has happened in the first 4 games or so of the current 09-10 season, Alex Ovechkin would have to be the best player in the NHL right now.
In my opinion there are 5 players that make up the top 5 greatest players of all time and you can make an argument for any order of them. To me the greatest players of all time are :
1. Bobby Orr ( the guy changed the game forever. He pioneered the offensive defenseman and from the second he got onto the ice until the final buzzer sounded, he owned the puck, the ice, and the game. Nobody can compare to the pure dominance this guy had on the ice. He was the heart and soul behind the '70 and '72 Cups in Boston. He brought back pride in hockey in Beantown. He was also an all-around good guy, and is still involved in players' rights today)
2. Wayne Gretzky (I honestly think he is kind of arrogant, but pure numbers can't lie. His #99 is retire league wide and holds a myriad of NHL records. He isn't called the "Great One" for nothing. I see reason for people to argue him over Bobby, but I'd still put the great #4 Bobby Orr first)
3. Mario Lemieux ( He was an amazing sight to see. He almost single-handedly saved the Pens franchise by drawing enough interest to generate the lacking money. He still managed to put up amazing numbers while he battled chronic back problems and cancer during his career. The guy was regarded for his fighting spirit and amazing natural talent.)
4. Gordie Howe ( His career's longevity is astounding. He played in the NHL 5 different decades (1940s-1980). He could shoot with either hand. He played 1767 games, the most of any NHL player ever. The guy was called Mr.Hockey-which really sums it up)
5. Maurice Richard ( Also known as "The Rocket" this guy dominated his era (1942- 1960) . He was a driving force of his Canadiens. He was the first NHL player to score 50 goals in 50 games. He had 6 game-winning overtime playoff goals, and was arguably the best stick-handler of his day. He is greatly revered throughout Montreal and Quebec.)
It's a battle between Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby.
It's in your opinion.
yes he is the best hockey player in Regina
Yes. Former professional Ice Hockey player, Eric Lindros, is still alive.
Preston Lewis on Middleton wings hockey
Yes. Former professional ice hockey player, Eric Lindros, is still alive.
Hayley Wickenheiser is a Canadian Olympic hockey player. Thee Best Female hockey Player in The World