The last time Game 7 had been won by the road team was by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1979. However, in the last 9 World Series that have gone to Game 7, the home team won the series. Most recently with the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals and the 2002 Anaheim Angels.
In the 1960s and 1970s, the road team more often won Game 7 than the road team.
1) 1909 Pittsburgh Pirates won Game 7, 8-0, in Detroit against the Tigers.
2) 1926 St. Louis Cardinals won Game 7, 3-2, in New York against the Yankees.
3) 1934 St. Louis Cardinals won Game 7, 11-0, in Detroit against the Tigers.
4) 1945 Detroit Tigers won Game 7, 9-3, in Chicago against the Cubs.
5) 1952 New York Yankees won Game 7, 4-2, in Brooklyn against the Dodgers.
6) 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers won Game 7, 2-0, in New York against the Yankees.
7) 1956 New York Yankees won Game 7, 9-0, in Brooklyn against the Dodgers.
8) 1957 Milwaukee Braves won Game 7, 5-0, in New York against the Yankees.
9) 1958 New York Yankees won Game 7, 6-2, in Milwaukee against the Braves.
10) 1962 New York Yankees won Game 7, 1-0, in San Francisco against the Giants.
11) 1965 Los Angeles Dodgers won Game 7, 2-0, in Minnesota against the Twins.
12) 1967 St. Louis Cardinals won Game 7, 7-2, in Boston against the Red Sox.
13) 1968 Detroit Tigers won Game 7, 4-1, in St. Louis against the Cardinals.
14) 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates won Game 7, 2-1, in Baltimore against the Orioles.
15) 1972 Oakland Athletics won Game 7, 3-2, in Cincinnati against the Reds.
16) 1975 Cincinnati Reds won Game 7, 4-3, in Boston against the Red Sox.
17) 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates won Game 7, 4-1, in Baltimore against the Orioles.
October 10, 1957
October 10, 1957.
The last World Series game 7 played at Yankees Stadium was in 1957. The Yankees lost that game to the Milwaukee Braves.
The first game of the 2009 World Series was played on October 28, at Yankees Stadium.
At Yankee Stadium for games 1 and 2, and then they went to Philadelphia for games 3-5. Game 6 was back at Yankee Stadium.
The announced attendance of 50,315 for Game 6 of the 2009 World Series was the largest crowd to watch a game at the new Yankee Stadium in 2009.
1956 World SeriesThis 1956 World Series featured the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers. The Big Game was when Don Larsen pitched a Perfect game on October 8, 1956 at Yankee Stadium. The face value for a box seat in Yankees Stadium for the 1956 World Series was $10.50, the Upper and lower stand reserve was $7.35 Bleacher seats cost $2.10
If your question relates to the 1963 World Series, there was no game on November 10, 1963 in Yankee Stadium. The 1963 Series won by the Los Angeles Dodgers in a four game sweep over the New York Yankees concluded on October 6 in Los Angeles. Yankee Stadium may have been the site of some event on Nov. 10, 1963, but it wasn't a baseball game.
Don Larsen of the New York Yankees, who stymied the Brooklyn Dodgers 2-0 in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series at Yankee Stadium.
The Milwaukee Braves defeated the Yankees in seven games in the 1957 World Series. The final game was played in Yankee Stadium.
The Yankees played their first regular season home game in the original Yankee Stadium on April 18, 1923.