Best Answer

No, there is no position called the point forward. The point forward is just a forward, either power or small forward, that has the abilities to handle the ball and run the team just like a point guard.

It isn't really a formal position, it's more of an expression. A point forward describes a player who is capable of running the offense like a point guard but who generally forward. Point Forwards are often too tall and perhaps not as quick to play the role of a traditional point guard, but have ball handling and passing skills that allow them to set up plays. Tony Kukoc is an example, as was Mike Dunleavy when he played for Duke.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-02-18 19:20:54
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

What are the Defenders called om a netball team

Where is badminton played

Fouled inside the18 yard box in soccer

What are the substitution rules in basketball

See all cards
24 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is it true that there is a new position in basketball called the Point Forward?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked