Here are seven teams that were down 2-0, but came back to win the playoff series.
1. The 1981 Los Angeles Dodgers over the Houston Astros in the National League Division Series.
2. The 1982 Milwaukee Brewers over the California Angels in the American League Championship Series.
3. The 1984 San Diego Padres over the Chicago Cubs in the National League Championship Series.
4. The 1995 Seattle Mariners over the New York Yankees in the American League Division Series.
5. The 1999 Boston Red Sox over the Cleveland Indians in the 1999 American League Division Series.
6. The 2001 New York Yankees over the Oakland A's in the American League Division Series.
7. The 2003 Boston Red Sox over the Oakland A's in the American League Division Series.
Also, the 2004 Boston Red Sox were down 3-0 to the New York Yankees in the best-of-seven American League Championship Series, but came back by winning four consecutive games. They are the only Major League Baseball team in playoff history to accomplish the feat.
I've been playing Fantazzle's daily games all year and I just found out they're having games throughout the playoffs. They have two different types of games (one for the entire playoffs, and one round-by-round). Check the link.
It really depends on how many games it is for a team to win a round because it is best out of 7.
That has happened twice. In 1942, the Toronto Maple Leafs came back from a 3-0 deficit to defeat the Detroit Red Wings 4 games to 3 and win the Stanley Cup. In 1975, the New York Islanders came back from a 3-0 deficit to defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4 games to 3 in a second round playoff series. The Islanders were defeated in the next round by the Philadelphia Flyers.
Divisional Series games (as in the games in the first round of the Playoffs) are best of 5.Championship Series and World Series games (as in the games in the second round of the Playoffs and in the last round of the Playoffs) are best of 7.
In order to win the Cup, a team has to play four rounds of playoff hockey, each round a best-of-seven. The winning team must win 16 games. If each round went all seven games, the winning team would have to play 28 games.
No, only division winners can host the divisional round of the playoffs.
There can be a maximum of 56 games in the first round of the NBA playoffs. This would only be possible if all eight (8) match-ups went into 7 games.
As of the 2007 season: The Redskins defeated the Minnesota Vikings 24-7 in the Wild Card playoff round on January 2, 1993. This was Joe Gibbs' final playoff victory in his first tenure with the Redskins. The Redskins defeated the Detroit Lions 27-13 in the Wild Card playoff round on January 8, 2000. The Redskins defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-10 in the Wild Card playoff round on January 7, 2006.
There is no bye in the Divisional (2nd round) playoff games. The first and second seeded teams in each conference each get a bye week in the Wildcard (1st) round of the playoffs.
No. The Bills were eliminated in the first round of both their playoff games when Flutie was with the team.